April 07, 2011

Homesickness

Last week we attended my son's 1st grade play in his new school. Great school, great teachers, great kids, great play.


But it made me sad. It made me realize how much I miss our old school. The South Berkeley community where we lived is so rich and diverse - it's truly reflective of its citizens. I've known those kids since they were babies and I've enjoyed watching them grow up.

I know I will see them and reconnect each time we come back for home leave. And I know that as we live in various places around the world, we'll get to know the communities there.

But nothing will ever supplant those kids I've known forever.  They are very special to me!

1 comment:

  1. I puddle up on this one, posted when you wrote it but didn't understand all the steps so it never went through. Now that I know the system I will try again. Bet you can figure who anonymous

    ReplyDelete