March 31, 2013

Celebrating Easter / Passover / Spring Equinox

When you can't celebrate the holidays with family, it's nice to be able to celebrate it with your FS community.  So - today we celebrated Passover / Easter / Spring Equinox.  Luckily for us, our apartment complex has a great community space - really a historical house that's been preserved and is available for party space. 

 Great decks overlooking the ocean - it's an easy place for all the families to get together.





We did potluck.  I did a roasted salmon.


And then I found this really interesting green at the store.  


This is the first time I've seen it - I think it's special for Easter.  I asked how to prepare and they told me to saute it with some onions, a little tomato paste and coconut milk.  It turned out really yummy!


This year N. and O. were more interested in hiding the eggs for the other kids, than searching themselves.  I guess we've turned a corner with some of the holiday celebrations.


No comments:

Post a Comment