November 29, 2013

Cool things I get to do for my job

I've spent the last couple of months working in the Public Affairs section of our Consulate.  It's been fascinating and I've been able to do some really interesting things.

I got to tour the new Sports Arena that Recife has built for the World Cup next year.







Great to be able to see it - and just the way I like it - not crowded at all!









I also got to help kick-off an English Language teacher workshop that the Consulate sponsored.  Public school teachers have been working all year with English Language Fellows to improve their language teaching skills.  This weekend workshop brought 30 of them together to learn and practice additional skills.











I also got to meet with some public school students who are studying English through another program we sponsor. These high school students spend time each week in addition to their regular studies.  I shared about some of my favorite American books and authors, and then they shared with me what they were currently reading.  It was so wonderful experience their excitement about reading and speaking English - and answering their questions about the U.S.



No comments:

Post a Comment