July 29, 2014

Our First Typhoon

It's now Typhoon Season and it's been raining a lot. We had our first typhoon the same week as my trip with the Ambassador - in fact, the trip was cut short because of the typhoon.  Our pilots keep us safe and made sure we got back to Manila well ahead of the storm.

The folks at the Embassy allowed people to leave early to get home and safe before the typhoon hit.

Typhoon Glenda came through Albay Province and then hit Manila.  It was a pretty big storm and there was a lot of damage.

The trees got blown around a lot outside our building.

The wind blew the construction fabric.



This crane wasn't locked down and instead swung around - it was a little scary.


You could see the big gusts of wind moving the rain.



We spent the day at our place, watching the storm and playing games.  The power went out all over Manila, but we are lucky in that our building has a generator.









1 comment:

  1. Hi there, My name is Desma and I stumbled across your blog as I was researching the FSOT. The beginning of your journey sounded very familiar. I am the mom of 2 young boys (3,6). My life shifted course last year with a move from Seattle to DC and a desire to travel with my family and work in a job that had consequence. If you had time to reach out I would love to connect and hear about how you passed the initial tests and how you find life in the FS so far.
    My direct email is dezdr@mac.com. TIA

    ReplyDelete