May 06, 2011

Swearing-In

Today the members of the Vibrant 160th got sworn in.

I do solemnly swear
That I will support and defend
The Constitution of the United States
Against all enemies foreign and domestic,
That I will bear true faith
and allegiance to the same,
That I take this obligation freely,
Without any mental reservation
or purpose of evasion,
and that I will well and faithfully
Discharge the duties of the Office
on which I am about to enter,
So help me God.

Pretty powerful stuff.

We've completed six weeks of orientation where we were introduced to the profession of diplomacy, among other things, by some pretty wonderful and skillful coordinators.  On Monday we will head off on our separate ways getting additional trainings and preparing for posts all over the world.

And it's also Foreign Affairs Day - very serendipitous.

Congratulations to my colleagues in the Vibrant 160th!

No comments:

Post a Comment