June 15, 2011

I found a new market!!!

As those of you who know me are aware, I am a foodie and really need to have a variety of good quality food products to cook from.  When we lived in Berkeley, we were quite spoiled with multiple farmer's markets, a variety of specialty food stores and the best grocery store in the world.

Since moving to Falls Church, it's been a challenge to get a good variety of quality produce and goods.  We've been making do with the local Safeway and Whole Foods - but either the variety and quality can be limited (and the prices can be quite high!).

But we've recently found a new grocery store with a great variety and a lot of very fresh product.




As you can see - the products are really fresh.  And the prices and variety are great!    It's not the Berkeley Bowl - but you can't have everything.

4 comments:

  1. I know a man that felt that way about Michigan years ago, felt that exact way:0)babfan

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want great products Northern VA and DC have a farmers market located in different parts every day of the week. I know Sundays Dupont Circle has one. Tuesdays Foggy Bottom right next to the metro and Saturday and tuesdays there is one located in Old town. Those are the ones I have been to and I know there are many more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have to check out this mket.
    FC has a Farmers mket on saturdays, haven't made it yet but plan to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I still make a trip to BB for spices for you?
    xo
    K

    ReplyDelete