September 13, 2011

Little Black Books

I picked them up today - our new little black books!



Two weeks ago we made the trek down to the Mothership to apply for our Diplomatic Passports.  During language training, every other Wednesday is a half class day so that folks can take care of administrative things.  Taking advantage of an Admin-Wednesday, we came home after class and got the kids (school hadn't started yet) and headed into DC.  Everyone was on their best behavior and in their "nice" clothes.

I'd filled out all of the forms and had all of the paperwork ready.  The folks in the Passport Office at Main State are really nice and very helpful.  They told us where to go to get our photos taken as well.  It's great to be able to get it all taken care of there - especially since we need so many copies of the photos - two for our passports, two for our visas, and then several other sets for country identification cards, etc.

And today - just two weeks later, I was able to pick them up at FSI. One step closer to being ready to head to Brazil!

With so many to juggle (4 people with 2 passports = 8 little books), I've been looking for a way to keep them nice and organized.  I found a great tutorial for a cute passport cover that will hold two passports - I think it will be my next project.

1 comment: