January 30, 2012

So - what is it that I'm doing here in Brazil?

Living here in Brazil is great.  We get to live on the beach, we get to experience a different culture, we get to spend some great family time together.  It sounds like one big vacation!

But I also have a job here that I do.

Every day during the week, I go off to my job in the consular section of the American Consulate in Recife.  Once there, my primary responsibility is to adjudicate non-immigrant visas.  Huh??  What's that.  Well, a vibrant colleague has laid it all out pretty well here and here.


Visas in Brazil are getting a lot of press these days.  It is very exciting to be able to be a part of this process.  I get to work with some great people, I get to meet lots of wonderful Brazilians, and I get to help facilitate people's travel to the United States.

It's a great job - one that I enjoy very much and one that is helping to make a difference.  I feel very lucky to be able to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment