November 29, 2014

Baguio


When we went on our recent Outreach to Bagiuo, we were fortunate to stay at the Ambassador's Summer Residence.

It's a beautiful place in the mountains around Bagiuo.   The air is fresh and cool year round and there are lots of trees.





I got to stay in General Yamashita's room - rumor has that it's haunted - although no one came to visit me.





















The grounds are gorgeous!







It was even cool enough to go for a morning run! Something I haven't been able to do in hot and smoggy Manila.













In our free time, we explored the town on the top of the mountain.

















I even got to dress up in native dress.  The Igorot people in this region are known for their weaving, amongst other things.


























There were also lots of places to shop - I got some great woven items.












They're also known for having the best local style brooms.





















I love visiting local markets!






It's a beautiful place - I can't wait to go back with my family!


No comments:

Post a Comment