December 19, 2014

Wedding Philippine style!

One of the best parts of living and working in another country is the opportunity to experience other cultures on a daily basis - not through tourism.  Celebrations give great insight and I always feel so lucky when I get an opportunity to participate.














So I was very honored to be invited to a colleague's wedding celebration.  It was a very formal occasion and I got to wear my long dress from the Marine Ball.  The wedding mass was held in a beautiful Catholic Church and there were lots of pictures with the happy couple after the ceremony.












Afterwards we headed to a nearby neighborhood for the reception.  It was so elegant with many wonderful details.


I've never seen a "Candy Bar" - lots of color coordinated imported confections for people to help themselves and fill bags to take home.




















The wedding party and all of the sponsors were announced as they came in, and there were lots of photos and party games - all organized by the bride and groom's sisters.

It is so wonderful to experience other people's traditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment