December 19, 2014

Fun things I get to do for work

I am a Public Diplomacy coned Foreign Service Officer.  And even though I'm doing a Consular tour in Manila, every now and then I get to do some Public Diplomacy related work.  Recently for Global Entrepreneurship Week I got to participate in two events with the Public Affairs Office.


First - I participated in a Facebook Chat on entrepreneurship.  From the Public Affairs office I responded to questions from the public in real time.  It was wonderful to respond to questions from all over.


And then later that same week, I gave a presentation on entrepreneurship at a local culinary academy.  Not only did I get to meet some great instructors and students, but I got to give my speech from a demo kitchen bringing back tons of memories from my days at the California Culinary Academy.  

It was great to get a chance to work in my cone - and I can't wait to do more!






No comments:

Post a Comment