February 04, 2011

And so it begins . . .

I'm not really a writer and while I've enjoyed reading other people's blogs, it hadn't ocurred to me to start one of my own.  But then I came across the letters I had written to my grandfather when K. and I were building our theater.  Reading those brought it all back to me and it was wonderful to have that record - both of the beginnings of our business, and the beginnings of our relationship.

Sojourn means a temporary stay, or to stay somewhere temporarily.  I feel as though I've had many sojourns in my life.  There are, of course, the ones we all share - growing up, high school and college years, etc.  After college, it seems as though I've had so many different experiences - either linked with a particular job or career field - chef, entrepreneur, non-profit organizations; or with a location - Berkeley, San Francisco, Washington, D.C.  The worlds, or sojourns, can seem incredibly varied and at times even unrelated.  But they are all aspects of me.

Going forward, I'm hoping to write about the changes and experiences that are going on, and to also record some of the experiences that have happened in the recent past.  It's been a wild roller-coaster these last few years.

Pop has since moved on from this world, but I like the idea of writing down what's going on in this life and my sojourns to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment