July 29, 2014

Filipino Food with Friends

So - one of the things I really enjoy about visiting a new place is checking out all the different kinds of food.  And the best way to learn about and try it all is with friends who've lived there or grown up there.  I'm lucky to work with some great folks who've introduced me to some tasty things.




It's hard to go wrong with pork!




Meat from the famous Meat Plus of Subic

HaloHalo

Buko!



















The Philippines has some things that we had in Brazil - Buko juice vs. Agua de Coco.












But then there are other items like HaloHalo.  HaloHalo is a frozen dessert with shaved ice, ice cream, sweetened condense milk, and lots of condiments - beans, jello, dulce de leche, fruit.  Very interesting and yummy!
Frog
And after trying deep fried frog, I know I'll have to try Balut at some point.
Kenny  Roger's Chicken



And then there's Kenny Rogers Chicken - Kramer would be thrilled because they're all over.  But I must say - I prefer  BonChon Chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment