August 08, 2011

Blogs I love

There are a lot of blogs out there and some are really awesome.

I've mentioned some of my favorite Foreign Service blogs.  And I also have a list on the left side of the blogs of my Vibrant Colleagues.

But there are a lot of other blogs out there that are not about the Foreign Service (imagine that!) and are just amazing.

I recently found about about a blog that I found to be hysterically funny - I was laughing so hard I cried!  It's called The Bloggess and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Then there are the food blogs like Smitten Kitchen and 101 Cookbooks - they have great recipes and pictures.  I just made the Easy Little Bread recipe and it truly was easy and lovely and the kids adored it.

The wonderful David Lebovitz blog about chocolate, food and living in Paris is a favorite of mine.  I got to work with David for a minute when I did my CCA extern-ship at Chez Panisse back in the early 1990's.  He is the nicest guy!!!

And now I have a new favorite.  One of my favorite writers (and full disclosure - good friend),  has started a new project.  It's called The Urbane Grandmother and it is a tremendous guide for what to do in San Francisco with kids.  But it's not your typical "go to this park" kind of kid guide.  It's basically an adult guide to San Francisco that shows you the ways you can include your young friends in the wonderful activities you love to do.  Things like the best place to get a cuppa tea and who makes the best focaccia.  And she would know - after all - she is also the Culinary Muse and her Art of Tasting Chocolate thoughts are unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment