March 03, 2011

Celebrations

Today my father turns 75.

 I am so proud to be his daughter. So much of who I am is from him. Not just my coloring ( thanks for the tannable skin!), but also my attention detail and my follow through. He taught me to analyze and question anything I didn't understand and to never accept something someone says just because of who they are.

We're celebrating by visiting the Mojave Space Port. My cousin (second, third? once / twice removed?) is the main guy there. He's the greatest guy - took us all for a ride in his plane last time we saw him.

And then of course the important birthday meal. Switched to Saturday because that's "lamb day" at the Woolgrowers. Food that tastes the way my grandmother used to make it.

Family is a wonderful thing - it shapes us all in so many ways.

Happy Birthday Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment