March 26, 2011

The Happiest Place on Earth

We decided to ease our family's transition away from Berkeley and to the Washington, DC area by spending some time at Disneyland in between the two towns.

I hadn't been to Disneyland for several years and this was the first time for our kids.  I was in heaven - I got to revisit a favorite place from my childhood (I grew up in LA so have been often).  And I got to share it with my family.

We were lucky with the weather - meaning it rained 2 of the 3 days we were there.  You might not think rain is a good thing at Disneyland, but it makes for fairly short lines.  The first day we were there, we were able to go on the Jungle Cruise, the Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Teacups (a personal favorite!), Autopia (N.'s favorite), Space Mountain, Small World - and that was after getting there late and leaving before dinner.

The next day it rained again.  Of course O. and I were not deterred, but K. and N. went back to our hotel to get warm and watch a movie.  O. and I hit California Adventures - a first for both of us.  O.'s favorite ride was California Screaming - he just loves the roller coasters.  I really liked Soaring over California - it reminded me of the IMAX movie at the Air and Space Museum at the Smithsonian.

On the third day it was sunny and beautiful and the crowds came out.  Yikes!!!  Luckily by this time we had been on the rides we'd wanted and could just go back for our favorites.






Space Mountain - always a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment