March 13, 2011

San Francisco

Lara's Song - the love theme from Dr. Zhivago - that's what the street musician was playing in his saxophone as I walked to Bart on my last night in San Francisco.

I had just left The Slanted Door - a farewell dinner with my friends from the Junior League. As I walked to Bart, the city looked so beautiful. I noticed the lights on the Bay Bridge and the Embarcadero. What a great way to say goodbye to a city that I've lived in and around for over 20 years.

So many great memories and so many great times. The next time I'll be back I'll have a whole load if new experiences and perspectives under my belt.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your move and joining the FS! We moved from the East Bay back to VA last summer after two years there (hubby was at SFFO, then took a one year UT that fizzled out...my fault). I was amazed at the way the SF area really grabbed us and held on tight. We loved the city (wish we could have lived there) and the Ferry Building was a favorite...so many places there that we miss.

    I had never been west prior to moving to CA and so glad we had that opportunity. So much to do and see and we can't wait to go back. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I've been following your blog for quite some time and have been so impressed with the honesty and grace with which you've handled all that you've been through this past year. I'm so pleased to be joining this great community.

    ReplyDelete